Robert Burke has been a practicing civil trial attorney at Callan and Sullivan (1977–1982), Callan, Sullivan and Burke, P.C. (1982–1997, shareholder partner), and at Callan and Burke, P.C. (1997–present, shareholder partner). His trial practice focuses on a full range of civil litigation matters, trials and appeals in all courts, and includes all insurance claims, professional malpractice, commercial disputes, personal injury, product liability, land use, and general liability cases. He has been involved in more than 50 jury trials. For over 20 years he has also served as an arbitrator and mediator in over 750 cases involving a wide range of matters, including the areas of law noted above.
Practice AreasCivil Litigation, Commercial / Business, Commercial Disputes, Land Use/Planning, Malpractice / Negligence, Personal Injury, Real Estate, Real Estate / Land Use
- Northeastern University School of Law (J.D. 1976);
- University of Massachusetts, Boston (B.A. 1972).
- Admitted to Massachusetts Bar, 1976
- United States District Court, Boston, 1976
- First Circuit Court of Appeals, 1988
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Commissioner, Judicial Nominating Commission, Commonwealth of Massachusetts; Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association; MCLE Trial Practice Panelist; Superior Court Conciliator, Middlesex Superior Court; President, Greater Lowell ADR, Inc.; Panel Member, Massachusetts Dispute Resolution Services; Member, Massachusetts Bar Association.