The Reality of Premises Liability Cases
According to a recent statistic, the National Safety Council reported that slip and fall accidents account for 1 million visits to the ER per year.
Slip and fall cases are common occurrences, but that doesn’t diminish the impact that they have on individual lives. Issues of Premises Liability can often arise in these circumstances and it can be difficult to prove whether the fault is on the injured party or the owner of the property where the injury has occurred. Those involved in these unfortunate accidents deserve fair resolution.
Using Alternative Dispute Resolution to settle these types of cases can often be the best choice for both parties.
Rather than waiting years to resolve their case, victims of a slip and fall accident will see results faster, and both parties will be able to come to an agreeable settlement without leaving the decision in the hands of the court system.
What makes ADR the best choice for resolving these cases?
- Control – The parties control their case resolution on even ground; choices are not left up to a judge or jury.
- Communication – Skilled neutrals improve communication among the parties in a guided and controlled setting.
- Effectiveness – Utilization of ADR enhances the prospects of settlement and satisfaction.
- Expedience – ADR allows the participants to fashion their own sets of rules and limitations, and is well attuned to a more streamlined, less time-intensive procedure than going to trial.
- Economy and Efficiency – ADR allows better management of the parties’ time and money.
- Fairness – The choice of mediator or arbitrator remains in the hands of the parties; your chosen neutral should have the case experience you need, the legal knowledge you require, and the skillset and demeanor you prefer.
- Flexibility and Adaptability – In choosing the ADR mechanism most appropriate to the case, parties are able to sculpt the resolution process to meet their needs.
MDRS Premises Liability Expertise:
- Premises Liability cases
- Trips and falls due to defective conditions or surfaces
- Slip and fall accidents involving foreign substances
- Inadequate or negligent security cases
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Swimming pool injuries or drownings
- Building, floor or deck collapses
- Dog bite or animal attacks
- Accidents caused by snow and ice
- Fire and smoke damages
- Inadequate lighting
- Building code or housing code violations
- Defective or hazardous conditions
- Rape or sexual assaults on premises
- Subrogation claims for property damage or injuries caused to or on premises
- Construction site accidents
- Scaffolding and crane accidents
- Safety code or OSHA violations
- Defective tools or equipment
- Slip, trip and fall on dangerous work premises
- Toxic chemical exposure
- Workers’ compensation claims
Now, more than ever, ADR is the answer.
At MDRS we have successfully resolved thousands of slip and fall cases. Please contact us today to learn more about using ADR to resolve your case.